Keywords: Hovercraft, ACV, GEV, Ground effects Vehicle, Air Cushion Vehicle, CushionFlight, RevFlight, Cushion Flight, Rev Flight, Air Scat, AirScat, Volkswagen, Air Car, AirCar.
If you own one of these, have ever ridden in one of these, or have ever seen one of these, please (new email 7-28-2009)E-Mail Me
hi, a buddy and I bought a cushionflight several years ago. he moved shortly thereafter and we never got it going. we have
decided to sell it and I am hoping you might suggest where to advertise. it came with no engine and is otherwise complete as
far as we can tell. oh, there is no windshield. the engine adapters are there. it shows eleven hours on the hourmeter. if you
turn the fan blade in the front, the rear one turns. we also have a rebuildable sixteen hundred engine for it. it is sitting on a
poor trailer I would like to see go. any suggestion on value would also be appreciated.
thanks for your time, jay
While clearing brush I have uncovered a red
cushionflight model 240 Serial #055. It is in rough
shape, no engine, only two blades on the front fan and
no rear fan. the hull is intact but not sure of the
condition of the fiberglass. The engine cover is there
but broken same for the top half of the rear fan
shroud. Is this a treasure worth cleaning out the 6
inches of cedar needles or trash? John Hoffman
I saw your web page.
I have one for sale on ebay right now.
Have recently aquired a Cushion Craft 240 (I think) and am looking for any information available on this machine. Any info you
can provide or steer me toward will be greatly appreciated.
If you are interested in this, I saw one last week for sale in Belton Texas.
I trying to find information on the Hummingbird Air Cycle build by Air Cushion Vehicles in Troy, New York. I have found an Air Cycle that has been sitting
outside for 15 plus years. It is mostly complete. Thanks for any information you may be able to provide.
I have in my possession a 9'-8" diameter incomplete Bartlett flying saucer.
Do you have any idea where I can get the plans for it?
CushionFlight-240 with Senator Howard Cannon riding, Year: 1970
Unknown Thunderbird Pilots
If this is Ralph Maloof, let us know what you are doing today!
CushionFlight makes a pond out of a chop-gives you bump-free travel over water and obstacles, yet floats like a raft with the engine off.
RevFlight handles pavement, dirt fields, grass or sand with equal abandon. Its all the same, because you'll be riding on a cushion of air-above it all!
The most impassable marshes, boggs, muskegs, swamps become veritable highways as you RevFlight over them. At top speed or zero speed, its done with ease.
RevFlight over snow and ice fields at breathless speeds. Powdered or packed... Solid or broken... The RevFlight takes it in stride. Takes you over the dangers with excitement and pride!
- Engine: Volkswagen 1600cc, 4cylinder, 4cycle, air-cooled.
- Dimensions & Capacity: 14'6" length, 6'6" Width, 4'9" height, 425lb payload, 670lb unladen weight.
- Optional equipment: fly-on, fly-off, trailer or basic tilt trailer, plexiglass wrap-around windsheild, extra 4.7 gal. fuel tank, approved life cushions, fire extinquisher, paddle, horn.
- Performance: 30mph over water, 40 mph over land, climbs a 20% grade, hovers 2" to 4" above surface, carrys 2 adults, zero turning radius, 3.8 gallons per hour at cruise.
- Construction: All Fiberglass construction, sealed twin hull serves as floatation tanks.
- Suggested List Price: $3,495.00 F.O.B. Factory Effective Nov. 1, 1968 Subject to change without notice.
- Note RevFlight Model 240 is coast-guard approved and licensed as a boat.
- As Stated In 1970:
- You should make one of the important decisions in your business life now.
- Were you one of those persons who passed up the opportunity to make a killing in the snowmobile business?
- Were you one of the alert few who took their positions with the KIEKHAEFER'S-the EVINRUDE'S-the CHRYSLER'S during the heydey of the pleasure boat business?
- Would you now pass up the challenge to be a forerunner in establishing yourself with air-cushion vehicles as the exciting new industry of today-an industry that offers virtual immunity from seasonal fluctuations in sales?
- You can take your position now in this new enterprise with CushionFlight Corporation, the forerunner in the entire field.
Test flown by the Las Vegas Nellis AirForce Base Thunderbirds and
As seen in Popular Science January, 1969; the following have experienced the CushionFlight:
Charles E. Nerpel
Dusty A. Backeburg
Ralph P. Maloof
Dan & John Russell
Major Tom Swalm
Major Bob Jackson
Captain Tom Gibbs
Major Mike Kerby
Captain Gary Younglove
Captain Denny Webble
N. J. (Nick) Jenise
H. G. Smith
Robert S. Caferelli
Major Doyle Ruff
Major Bill Elander
Captain Art Ivins
Captain Burt Routman
If your name appears here, or should be added to the list please don't hesitate to(new email 7-28-2009) Email Me
- got this reply a few years back
Recently ran across your page at
and thought you'd like to
know your unidentified T-Bird guys in picture number two are:
1 - Yellow long sleeve shirt is Mike Kerby, Solo Pilot of 1969-1971 team
and 2 - other guy is me, Gary Younglove, Executive Officer 1970- 1972.
Denny Webble is really Denny Weddle. Otherwise all seems accurate. It
was a grand day!!!
Other crafts of interest:
Bartlett Flying Saucer
And Don't Forget The Air Cushioned Travel Trailer
This site has experienced Hovers Since December 11, 1996.
All pictures seen on this site have been scanned by Mr. Mark Eval.Thanks Mark!